Thursday, November 11, 2010

RaIsE YoUr GlAsS

So I know I'm a dork because when I'm not doing my blog challenge I'm always writing about songs. But to be honest, music moves me more than almost anything else. It can inspire me to be better, it can help me feel better (or at least wallow in a pit of despair) when I'm in a bad mood, it can pump me up to play a basketball game or push myself to new limits, or it can help me let my guard down and just let loose and have a good time (sometimes too good of a time) with friends or at a dance.

And sometimes, music inspires me to write about how I feel. The inspiration for tonight's post? Raise Your Glass by Pink. First off, I. love. Pink. Seriously, who else can get divorced, be heart broken about it, and then get their ex to appear in a music video where they get to call him a tool right to his face for all of America to see? That's what I thought, nobody else can do that.

The reason why I am loving this song so much tonight is because of the chorus. It says, "So raise your glass, if you are wrong in all the right ways!"

I know this sounds funny when you are just reading it, but I still LOVE this song. I have this friend that has always kind of marched to her own drum, and yesterday on her Facebook status it said, "You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you are all the same." I love this quote, because for most of our lives (and actually this still applies), it described us perfectly.

This brings back memories of Senior year in high school when we would get AT LEAST 5 weird looks everyday for doing or saying something that everybody else thought was "weird." (At one point I actually considered carrying a camera around with me so I could take pictures of all the weird looks we got and make a scrapbook out of them!) I can honestly say that we really didn't care what anybody thought about us, so instead of thinking what people's reactions would be, all we were thinking about was how much fun we were having.

We were never your typical girls. I can count the times that we went shopping together in high school on one hand. Boys had more drama than we did! We were, and probably still are, the most laid back group of girls you will ever meet. We'd rather drive a jeep up a mountain, build a fire, and eat man food (even if it's the end of November) than sit around gossiping. To be honest I didn't know most of the school gossip until AFTER I had graduated and people just randomly started telling me one day.

It was always that way with us, and I feel sorry for the people that tried so hard to fit in, when it was SO much more fun sticking out. So raise your glass to being wrong in everybody else's opinion, because its the times when we were "wrong" that I'll remember the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment